Thursday, February 2, 2017

Guest Designer - Elizabeth Robinson

Please say hello and give a big welcome to our Guest Designer for this challenge - Elizabeth Robinson of The Crafty Robin.  Elizabeth was the Design Team's pick from the Home for the Holidays challenge.


My passion for ink and paper stems from my beautiful Mum. She was a printer, so I spent many happy years growing up playing in her print room. That would not be very politically correct today because of Health and Safety rules in the UK (over here there are so many things we can't do any more that years ago we could so me learning to clean Mum's litho printing machine down and working with the printing plates nowadays because of Health and Safely - common sense to us girls - isn't allowed) but hey my love of paper and the smell of ink started there. 

I started teaching and selling my artwork over 30 years ago, and I am just as passionate about papercrafts, textiles and felting as I was then. I am very lucky to have been published in several magazines and I also get to demo around the UK which I love as I get to meet new crafters. I am both Teacher and Student, the day I stop learning is the day I depart the planet!


I started out with a 6" square base card then added layers of Kaisercraft's Cottage Rose Collection the first was 5 3/4" then 5 1/4" and the last layer 4 3/4" all were distressed around the edges for a shabby look, before being added onto the card blank.

I added a doily from my stash over the top followed by tags that had been cut from the Sizzix Framelits die set and a ready made tag from the Kaisercraft paper.





I finished off by fussy cutting some roses from another sheet of paper from the collection and adding them along with some sequins, 3D drops and hand dyed seam binding to co-ordinate with the papers. And how could I resist that heart bling!

* * *
Pop on over to Elizabeth's blog and check out her beautiful work and then come on back and share your special Valentine project with us. The Be My Valentine challenge can be found here and is open until February 14th at 11:55 pm EST.

9 comments:

  1. This is absolutely beautiful Elizabeth! So wonderful to see you here as our latest Guest Designer my friend xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such a lovely Valentine! I enjoyed reading about your life in art. Thank you so much for being our Guest Designer!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a lovely Valentine, Elizabeth! Congrats on the guest spot. <3

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your card is beautiful Elizabeth. Lovely to have you have you here as a guest designer. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Those Kaisercraft papers are beautiful, I love how you fussy cut the flowers, they look gorgeous. Congratulations on your guest spot too Elizabeth! Hugs, Anne xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lovely! So happy to have you guest designing with us. Beautiful romantic card!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thank you all so very much, it's an absolute pleasure to be here with you Ladies, xxx

    ReplyDelete